Thursday, May 26, 2011

Catching up

Well, although I am several (small) steps into the production of a movie, I still have about a million to go. However, being that I didn't start this blog at the same time I finished the script, I figure I'll take an opportunity and fill whoever is reading in on where I'm at currently.

The Script: Yes, I have a finished script of a full comedic movie. It is a bit rough, I'll admit, but it's all there. I finished the first draft of the script and copywrited it with the Writer's Guild of America, East, about three months ago. Since then I've made some small changes, but visualistically it's still the same. More on that next time.

The Agent: (process of agents/representation searching) They tell me to get a movie made you must have money. Who knew? With that, I've sent out SEVERAL inquiries regarding this, and gotten very little back. A few people have accepted my emailing them the script, however none of those people really wanted to get involved. Taking the process into my own hands, I have found an agent here in Savannah, GA where I live and have given him a copy of the script. More on that in a later post.

The Talent?: With regards to the before-mentioned agent, on his advice I am going to have to play the role of executive producer with this film, at least for right now. Thinking that way has opened many doors in my head and gotten me thinking about casting, budget, marketing, merchandising, etc. I have some ideas and will also discuss those in yet another later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment